International Gold Mining Operation – Management & Commercial Negotiation of Electricity Supply Tender
The client is considered one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. This assignment involved:
- Management of the end to end procurement process to secure electricity for the mining operations for a 3 year period. This involved the design, development and implementation of a two stage RFT process tailored to the client’s requirements and governance framework.
The end to end process also involved complex commercial negotiation with the short listed bidders.
- The RFT not only secured fixed electricity pricing, but secured pricing for the entire range of environmental instruments (REC’s, NGAC’s, etc)
- The procurement of electricity was a critical component of the mining operation, with a contract value of approximately $40 million
Victorian Electricity & Gas Distribution & Transmission Company – Procurement and Commercial Assistance
- Developed tender plans for materials and services. Reviewed contract templates with particular regard to commercial terms and conditions.
- Managed a number of tender projects for materials and services including:
- HV and LV Cable
- HV Switchgear (Live and Dead Tank CB’s, CT’s, CVT’s, MVT’s, Surge Arrestors, Disconnectors and Earth Switches) - estimated spend over 3 years was approximately $100m, our methodology delivered a 17.5% saving
- Pole to Pit services & Vegetation management; and general civil works.
- High and low voltage insulators (contract value approx $8m)
- Power transformers (220 and 150 mVa; contract value approx $10m).
National Utility IT Service Provider – “Overflow” Tender Management Service
Provided on going “on call” tender management service. This comprised GMDR Group Consultants conducting end to end management of allocated tenders. Goods and Services included:
- Data Centre Migration
- Supply Server Hardware
- IT Services Panel
- Application Testing Services.
Victorian Electricity & Gas Distribution & Transmission Company – Procurement Transformation
- Rolled out Oracle’s iProcurement system across the client’s organisation.
- This involved designing and configuring procurement data structures including workflow integration, developing user reference manuals, and delivering training for 430 users. The Procurement operations consisted of over 20,000 purchase orders pa.
- Developed procurement plans for operational goods and services. Reviewed standard contract templates, particularly commercial terms and conditions. Developed and implemented tender methodology to ensure procurement savings.
- Developed a Lead Time Bulletin Board process for critical, long lead time capital equipment.
- Provided Tender Overflow assistance for a range of supply contracts (aggregate value of over $300m). This involved management of the tenders process, including the development and co-ordination of tender packs for bidders, consisting of:
- Terms of Tender, Tender Instructions and Scope of Works
- Technical Schedules (technical specifications, drawings, and minimum performance requirements)
- Tender Evaluation Plan and Evaluation Criteria; Pricing Schedules; Supply and Lead time Framework.
National Electricity & Gas Distribution Company – Procurement Review and Development
Conducted a comprehensive operational review of procurement activities across all offices and depots in Australia. Deliverables included:
- A process based gap analysis to determine procurement process redesign
- Procurement processes designed to align with new financial delegations of authority
- At the time, the procurement operations consisted of over 50,000 purchase orders pa
- Development of a procurement operating model. The operating model was based on a number of principles including market testing requirements and thresholds and the use of period order contracts for high volume repetitive purchases
- Development a procurement manual as a reference document for the organisation
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive training program and documentation